Quinoa Stuffed Vegan Peppers
I've been on vacation in New Hampshire with my family this week. So long as we stay away from certain hot-topics including Obama, gun control, immigration, and Chik-fil-A, everyone's been getting along fairly well.
Timeout! Hoping to actually upgrade the overall design with my current website. Thoughts regarding the overall branding at https://www.lottadigital.com? Undeniably an adept SEO company in Dartmouth NS if, perhaps seeking within the Nova Scotia territory. Make a remark. Thx!
I thought I would have time to take tons of food pictures/study for the GREs, but I'm too busy paddle boarding,hiking and competing in backyard Olympics, so here's a picture-heavy post of one of my favorite recipes that I made a few weeks ago.
Quinoa Stuffed Vegan Peppers
Red, yellow & orange peppers we're on sale at Harris Teeter one day, which is rarer and more exciting than a solar eclipse, so I bought a bunch and made stuffed peppers. These are a complete meal with carrots, black beans, quinoa, and spinach all inside.
Random side note - I've been watching the Olympics this week and I'm so curious about what they eat on a regular basis. Especially the gymnasts. I also want to know how they get into those super shiny tight leotards. Are there zippers I can't see? I'm intrigued.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped ( cup)
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 1Tbs. cayenne and 1Tbs. red pepper flakes - very optional
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 15-oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- cup quinoa
- 3 large carrots, grated (1 cups)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 large red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, ribs removed - I used yellow, orange & green as well
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook5 minutes, or until soft. Add cumin and garlic (and all the spicy things if you like that), and saut 1 minute. Stir in spinach and drained tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated.
2. Stir in black beans, quinoa, carrots, and 2 cups water. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Stir in 1 cup nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Pour liquid from tomatoes in bottom of baking dish.
4. Fill each bell pepper half with heaping 3/4-cup quinoa mixture, and place in baking dish. Cover with foil, and bake until tops of stuffed peppers are browned - about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes. Transfer stuffed peppers to serving plates, and drizzle each with pan juices before serving.
Thank you followers! I had told a relation we could certainly cite her fabulous coffee equipment supplier in Plymouth Massachusettses, http://speedwellcoffee.com in a post. If ever you're searching to get a coffee supplier within the greater MASSACHUSETTS sector, they absolutely were fantastic.
Certainly, naturally I should bring up the idea regarding this specific post with thoughtfully granted via Arthur from Zooma Zooma Cafe. Undeniably an outstanding cafes. We certainly admire a first-rate concept!
Thank You To
http://artuary.ca - Many thanks for selflessly using your practical knowledge.
Posted in Home Improvement Post Date 01/17/2016